This is the first recipe post I have ever shared, so today I will be showcasing one of my favorite cookies! These chocolate chip cookies are some of the thickest, fattest and satisfying I have ever tried. I recommend this recipe if you are in the need of something easy to fill a cookie craving; its also a great way to get rid of leftover Halloween chocolate 🙂 The cookies have just the right amount of chocolate, a perfect balance of gooey cookie and cocoa without being too overpowering.
So here it is! My chocolate chip cookie recipe:
Adapted from: OMG Soft Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies! Pure Nirvana!
Makes: about 2 dozen medium sized cookies
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon pure maple syrup (cold)
- 2½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon grinded sea salt
- Nestle Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips – as many or as few as you want; Hershey’s chocolate bars (optional)
Directions (almost identical to original recipe, linked above)
- Preheat oven to 350 (or the setting closest to that – my oven is weird so I set it to setting 4 – up to 345).
- Melt butter in the microwave, but not all the way. I set my microwave to 30 seconds.
- Let butter cool for 2 min, then add it to mixing bowl with brown sugar and beat on low speed until blended.
- Add in the maple syrup, beat on low speed. Then, add in 2 eggs and beat again. This whole process should take only about 1 min (with standard stand mixer).
- Add flour, cornstarch and sea salt. Beat on low speed until it forms a ball.
- Stir chocolate chips in with spatula. You can use however many you would like, I ended up using 3/4 of a standard Nestle bag. At this point, I also chose to chop up a Hershey’s bar (great use for leftover Halloween candy) and fold it into the batter as well to make chocolate chunks.
- Spoon cookie dough onto your baking sheet, pre-lined with parchment paper. I made fairly large dough balls (about 1-2 inches tall).
- Bake until lightly brown on bottom, but not too squishy on the inside. Keep checking on your cookies because it is easy to burn them or undercook the insides. I had mine in the oven for about 15 min.
- Let cool and transfer to cooling rack or paper plate.
And there you have it – the chewiest chocolate chip cookies! If you try out this recipe, leave me a comment below or tag me in the picture on Instagram (@marielelena_).